Saturday, February 9, 2019

Week 62 - Los milagros no han cesado en santiago!

October 23, 2018

Holas!!
This week went by so fast! But went really well, as always! 
We've seen little tender mercies this week and have felt many times that we were where we were supposed to be exactly when God needed us to be there. We've found some really great people this week who are mostly futuros so we are pretty excited to be able to have an appointment with them this week. The ward is coming together little by little. It's a bit hard to work in because technically nobody has the authority to do anything, but ward council was really good- it was the first time on my mission that after we got done I thought, "this is how ward council is supposed to be done." Everyone was participating and giving their input, and the delegation worked wonderfully. They were on topic the whole time and made plans and assigned people to execute. It was amazing! Even though consejo will probably get changed once everyone gets their callings, I was really impressed!

Hermana Gallion and me!
We've also been finding many less actives this week. We had an appointment with a lady (Paulina) and her non-member 9 year old daughter and had written her address down when we called her. When we went to leave for the appointment, Hermana Gallion had written down a different address than I had. She told me that she had written down what the lady had told us, so we decided to go to the one she had instead of the one I had. When we got there, the speaker-phone from outside the apartment building wasn't working, and as we were about to leave, a woman walked out and said, 'Oh! the missionaries! How are you doing?!' We started talking to her and she said, 'Have you come to visit my daughter?' I looked at Hermana Gallion, then back at the woman. 'Why yes we are! Is she home?' (side note: I had absolutely NO idea who her daughter was but I felt prompted to just go along:) The woman told us that she had just gotten home and that she would open the gate to let us in. She told us the apartment number, and it was the address that Hermana Gallion had written down! I asked her if her daughter was named Paulina, and she said no, she was named Simone. She continued to explain that she was from another part of Santiago and is an active member of the church, but her daughter, Simone, is trying to become active again. SO, long story short, we entered and had an awesome lesson with Simone, who we had no idea about! She also has two daughters who are less active too, so there's lots to be done there. So amazing how we always end up in the place we are supposed to be! I know that it definitely was not coincidence that the woman left right in the 3 min. time slot that we were there. God guides in such mysterious ways!

Love you all! Hope you have a wonderful week! Never forget to see God's hand in your life, even (and especially) in the little things!

Amor,
Hermana Briggs

--here's a few the pictures I've been saving up to send from the last few weeks (:


Watching General Conference!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 77 - 5 things I've learned from my mission

February 5, 2019 Hola!! Wow. What an adventure! I can't believe this is it! The mission has definitely been the best experience I h...