Monday, February 11, 2019

Week 72 - *FELIZ AÑO NUEVO!!*

January 1, 2019

Hello all! What a lovely week!! I'll tell ya why:

> I got the best Christmas present EVER and got to talk to my beautiful family who make me cry and laugh and happy that I have something so great to miss. I'm also so grateful I got to talk Gable, he's such a great example for me and as he always does, is making the world a better place in Togo! 

> I held exchanges with Hermana Ramirez this last Thursday. She got to the mission the same time I did and it was fun to learn from her! We went to correlation with our ward mission leader and we were discussing with the other missionaries in our ward a few of the challenges the ward is having- how nobody will step up and do things, really unless they get something out of it for themselves and so it ends up being the same 7 people that do everything! We were trying to think of momentary solutions when Hna Ramirez said "I think that the problem lies much deeper than just lack of organization or communication. It is coming from not obeying first great commandment- love God with all your soul and love your neighbor like unto yourself. Nothing is going to change unless their love for God does." Whoah. Such words of wisdom! Really if we love God enough, we will sacrifice anything to do what He asks, whether it's from cleaning the church building to doing ministering faithfully to attending the temple monthly. 

> okay there are a lot more reasons but I actually don't have time to finish. But I love the gospel and I love the mission and I love Chile. And I'm just happy.

Happy new year! what a great time to reflect on what you want out of this coming year. love you all!

hna Briggs




No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 77 - 5 things I've learned from my mission

February 5, 2019 Hola!! Wow. What an adventure! I can't believe this is it! The mission has definitely been the best experience I h...