Monday, February 11, 2019

Week 77 - 5 things I've learned from my mission

February 5, 2019

Hola!!

Wow. What an adventure! I can't believe this is it! The mission has
definitely been the best experience I have had so far. It hasn't been
easy, but that is what makes it so fulfilling. I am so grateful for every
second I've had here. God knew I needed to serve a mission and that I
needed the people here, in Chile. I love these people. Words cannot
adequately describe how grateful I am that God has trusted me, as
imperfect and stubborn as I am, with bringing about His great work. He
has lead me and guided me with His hand, He's magnified my efforts,
changed my heart and answered my prayers. He's given me comfort,
counsel, and assurance when I needed it most. He's revealed eternal
truths to me, He's greatened my desire to do good and reach my
potential, and given me abilities beyond my own so I could bless His
children. I couldn't have gotten this far without Him, and have to
recognize His great goodness despite my definite weaknesses.

I've tried to sum up what I've learned from my mission into 5 points.
Really I haven't fully learned them, because I'm going to keep
learning and re-learning and putting them into practice and studying
them again and again throughout my life, but they are some things that
I've come to understand a lot more, thanks to serving here in Chile:

1. How to receive the Holy Ghost and the blessings that follow from
acting on his promptings
2. The gospel is the most valuable thing I possess
3. How to minister- and the great need there is for this in the world
4. Always look for the good, always
5. Charity (truly) never faileth

I know this is God's work. I know it more than ever now. I'm excited
to apply what I've been learning here. The mission is just getting
started!

Thank you for all you have done in supporting me. I'm excited to see
y'all when I get back! See you soon! wahoo!

Con tanto amor por ustedes y por mi Salvador,
Hermana Briggs

Mosiah 26:23-24
23 For it is I that taketh upon me the sins of the world; for it is I that hath created them; and it is I that granteth unto him that believeth unto the end a place at my right hand.
24 For behold, in my name are they called; and if they know me they shall come forth, and shall have a place eternally at my right hand.

-also, I'll be speaking in Sacrament Meeting Sunday the 17th, at
10:15am, and you are all welcome to it! The address of the church is
6869 W. Vista Springs Dr. Herriman, UT
-I'll also be having a get together at my house Saturday night, the
16th, as I will not be having a luncheon after church on Sunday. I
would love to see you! If you would like the address to my home, email
me or message me when I get back (:







No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 77 - 5 things I've learned from my mission

February 5, 2019 Hola!! Wow. What an adventure! I can't believe this is it! The mission has definitely been the best experience I h...