Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Week 33 - This Great Week!

April 3, 2018

Hey all! This week was amazing. I really love being a missionary. I cant even explain it. There is just nothing that even compares to the joy that comes from sharing Christs gospel and serving others.

Wednesday I picked up my visa in santiago centro! We just waited a very long time in a long line but now I'm official! wahoo!

We have started a new initiative to start working with the members on a much grander level. We have decided that working through and with members is the way to do the missionary work here in Las Condes and that it will bring many blessings. We are always told to work with the members, but during correlation, a ward missionary came up with a plan to work directly with the members and to help them know what they should be doing and how they can help with missionary work. Then in district meeting we talked about the same thing, about making references the major way that we receive investigators. Yesterday we started doing this, and we received 5 references from the same hermana during lunch! And then after she said, 'I think she's home, lets go right now and see!' so we did and went and contacted with her and are going back this friday with the hermana! It really was a miracle!

General Conference was really powerful. It has always been especially special to watch it as a missionary. I felt a spiritual witness that President Nelson is God's living prophet. I am so very grateful to know that we have someone to lead and guide us! I loved his challenge to improve your ability to receive and act on personal revelation. I am definitely going to work on that! I saw a theme, which was following the promptings of the spirit. 

Story time! This week we were contacting a street and every single house was rejecting us very rudely. We were getting a little discouraged, but decided to knock or ring one more house. A woman opened the door and was on the phone. She put it down and told us to come back in 30 min. So we did! And she invited us in and we taught her and her husband and daughter right there! They were really receptive and we are going back this week. It was amazing! We definitely saw blessings for perseverance.  

Love you all! Keep following the spirit and trusting in God's plan for you. 

Amor,
Hermana Briggs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 77 - 5 things I've learned from my mission

February 5, 2019 Hola!! Wow. What an adventure! I can't believe this is it! The mission has definitely been the best experience I h...