Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Week 16 - Light the World!

December 5, 2018

Dear family and friends,

This week was full of lots of ups and downs! Tuesday was Hermana Silva's birthday and our loving bishop and his wife made a tres leches cake and we celebrated a little! It was super fun, they are really entertaining and are are super fun family to be around. They even bought me a little present too ha ha they're the best! 

Thursday we got a call from one of our members who told us that 3 people from Cuba had just moved into his apartments and wanted us to come visit them. He said that they had asked if he could arrange for Jehovah Witnesses to come teach them, but he told them he didn't know them, but he didn't know missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ! and he called us and we went and taught them right away. They left everything, literally and traveled here over 10 days. They sold their house in Cuba to have the money and by the time they got here, all of it was gone. They have a lot of faith and are so positive, knowing that although they may have not much in matter of the world, they have the most important thing together- their family. So we're starting to teach them too! And they're are going to visit the temple Saturday! Also their accent is super thick and way different but so cool too. Also really grateful to the member reference and the courage he had to simply talk and stand up for his religion. Because of his good example as well they are a lot more receptive:)

Friday we stopped by one of our investigators house who just had her baby 4 days earlier (the one who named her baby the name I suggested:)  and oh my goodness she is the sweetest thing in the whole world. Entering the room of the baby Nora I could feel the spirit SO strong, it was amazing! Babies really are the closest thing to heaven and are perfect in every way. I really couldn't believe that Heavenly Father would trust us with someone as precious, but he does and it's a grand and glorious responsibility. My testimony grew a lot about the role and importance of mothers and fathers, and the important role they have in teaching and raising children in righteousness!
Saturday one of our investigators committed to be baptized! He is really excited and keeps saying he's been waiting for this and is really ready now. I am really excited for him and the changes he can make in his life for the better! I also read a talk for personal study called 'Stand as true Millennials' by Pres. Nelson and oh my goodness it is amazing, I really encourage everyone to read it and take him up on the promises he makes!

Monday we shared the light the world campaign with one of our menos activos who got super excited about it. Light the world is an amazing way to get people excited about Christmas and the true meaning of it. I read a talk this week that said something like 'can you imagine what the world would be like if everyone gave gifts of service, love, and compassion in place of games and toys?' Every light starts with one person, and we don't have to change the world- start in homes, with friends, and on you way to work or school find ways to help and serve, that is the way we show our love for God.



Today was crazy loco, got up to practice at a a'capella with and elder who is going to play the piano for me in the centro of Santiago my piece I'm going to play for a Christmas devotional. It's this Sunday and I'm super excited! 

This week was hard and really good in a lot of ways. I learned how powerful the adversary is, but also how brilliant and real the power of God is. I know that this is His work, and I am only an instrument. I also know that he will bless those who are willing, ready and choose to answer His call and promptings and choose to to the best they can to fulfill them. When we are obedient, live righteously and do all we can to help others live the gospel that is when we are successful.
Anyway love you all so so much! Try to find meaning of Christmas to you personally and how you can show what Christ means to you through your actions, especially through service. You will have more joy and find direct answers to your prayers, I can promise you that.
Make it a good week!
Amor,
Hermana Briggs

Alma 48:12

pictures: birthday de hermana silva, actividad de distrito hoy dia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 77 - 5 things I've learned from my mission

February 5, 2019 Hola!! Wow. What an adventure! I can't believe this is it! The mission has definitely been the best experience I h...