Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Week 17 - Following the Spirit!

December 12, 2018

Dearest family and friends,

Our best Haitian friends!!

This week was a good one. We've had quite a few new investigators and have been working with them a lot. We have found that once we start teaching people they have a lot more temptations or get really sick or things like that! It's kind of crazy. But we know that the power of God can help them through it all and is more powerful! There was one specific lesson we had with one of our investigators who has a hard time having faith in God and in the moment I had no idea what to say and literally nothing was coming to my mind. I said a little prayer for help and opened my mouth and it was filled with words that were not mine and that I would not say normally- different vocabulary and phrasing of words. In the moment I still had no idea what to say but words were flowing out of my mouth and things to talk about just came to my mind. It was a truly amazing moment when I knew without a doubt that the gift of tongues is so real and God will help us know exactly what to say for each person in specific time that we need Him, we just have to trust Him and be worthy to receive His help. 

There were a few times Sunday that I felt to talk to certain people and I didn't, and after it's the worst feeling ever. So Monday I decided that I would not let that happen again and made sure to talk to every person the spirit prompted me to talk to, and the results were amazing! I'm trying to work on being more sensitive to the spirit to guide me throughout the day and better determine the needs of my investigators and help them. So very grateful for the help and gift of the Holy Ghost.

Hope you all make this a great week, and don't forget to LIGHT THE WORLD with acts of service this month (and every month:) That is the best gift we can give to the Lord this Christmas season. 
Love you all and never forget how much God loves you!

Amor,
Hermana Briggs




Pictures:
Ilumina el Mundo charla foganera (devotional) that I played at, everyone got a balloon and a card and wrote a note on it and gave it away to someone that night on their camino home. It was really beautiful!
Our best haitian friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 77 - 5 things I've learned from my mission

February 5, 2019 Hola!! Wow. What an adventure! I can't believe this is it! The mission has definitely been the best experience I h...