Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Week 18 - FELIZ (casi) NAVIDAD!

December 19, 2017

Dearest family and friends,


This week was super crazy! We had cambios and my super amazing comp is leaving me! I'm going to train a new missionary (which I'm super nervous for!) and will pick her up tomorrow! So these last few days we were saying bye to investigators and members, which is why there are so many pictures. The people may all look the same or not mean much to just anyone, but to me they have been my life for the last 3 months, and each one means SO much to me, including my comp. So as you look through them, maybe they are just another face, but they have a life and a story and hardships and faith and love and so much more just like you. Each person is distinct and so very different but isn't it so amazing that we all have the same Father and are all children of God who loves us all no matter our circumstances or who we are?! It's truly amazing. 



Christmas is super close, and don't forget what Christmas is really about: love. Everything Heavenly Father does for us is out of LOVE for us and because he has perfect love for us He wants us to progress and learn. That is why we have trials that test our love for Him or patience or faith, but when we focus on this love and turn out and love others and as He loves us, that is when we find real purpose and joy, not just happiness. There is always someone that needs to be reminded of the love Heavenly Father has for them, so my encouragement for you is to find that someone that God needs you to touch and be His hands for him. They will be blessed and you will be blessed. I can testify that there is no other joy alike that comes than being in the service of others and feeling the love God has for them. I hope you all can find this for yourselves if not already!
Love you all so much and hope you have the Felizest of Navidads! (:

Enviando mucho amor,
Hermana Briggs

We just had cambios (exchanges) and MOM I'm going to TRAIN a new missionary!! AHHH I CANT TRAIN I BARELY KNOW SPANISH!! Anyway I was supposed to pick her up today but president is sick and so we are waiting until tomorrow. AH man I can't believe it, it was a super big shock. If they are gringa we are dead. Not really but yeah it'll be hard. I know I will learn a lot and there are a lot of things I want to instigate and I'm excited but also really nervous and anxious. Any prayers would be appreciated(: but I know I will be able to do it with the help of the Lord.

ps. enjoy the snow for me porfeis!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 77 - 5 things I've learned from my mission

February 5, 2019 Hola!! Wow. What an adventure! I can't believe this is it! The mission has definitely been the best experience I h...