Thursday, August 23, 2018

Week 28 - Libro de Mormon!

February 27, 2018

Hola holass!!!
Otro semana?! Como??! Pero bueno. I love the mission and time is flying by. I hit my 6 months mark a few weeks ago already! Ah!
Popppcornnn!! And did y'all know you could make it in a pot?? I definitely did not but it is SO rico!! my new nightly fav.
Last week we had a zone conference at president's house and talked about the importance of the Book of Mormon, that it is SO important. Reading and applying the Book of Mormon will give us power and protection from the world, and brings a spirit into our lives like nothing else can. We've been applying using the Book of Mormon more in our teaching and have seen many miracles! The Book of Mormon has all the answers we need and more, we just have to be willing to open it and read it! We also studied the talk, 'The Book of Mormon: What would your life be without it' by President Nelson. In his talk he asks three questions: "First, what would your life be like without the Book of Mormon? Second, what would you not know? And third, what would you not have?" I challenge you all to think about these questions and truly answer them and you will find the priceless value of the Book of Mormon!
teaching Spanish to Cassandra!!

This Saturday Yair is going to be baptized!! I am SO excited for him and he has been working really hard to prepare. We have been talking with his mom as well and she is really supportive and with time I think she will come along as well(: She already has been saying that one day she is going to get baptized!

Hna Halling and I are going to make it onto the fridge of Pres Morgan one day(:
Being a missionary is a lot of work, but nothing good comes without work and sacrifice...nada. And when we make sacrifices for the Lord, he promises to pour out his blessings upon us. All the little sacrifices we make- reading our scriptures everyday, praying sincerely, attending church and repenting and participating in the sacrament, tithing, all add up to grand blessings, now and after this life.

Love and miss you all!!
Amor,
Hermana Briggs

ps sorry it's short today, lots of other stuff happened but I don't have time to write it, lo siento..



No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 77 - 5 things I've learned from my mission

February 5, 2019 Hola!! Wow. What an adventure! I can't believe this is it! The mission has definitely been the best experience I h...