Monday, February 11, 2019

Week 76 - Semana 76!

January 29, 2019

Hooolas!!
A little from this this lovely week:

>This week Jorge came to church (and Franklin). Jorge is progressing so much! A speaker started explaining a Book of Mormon story and he leaned over to me and said, 'that's from the book you gave me, right?' I told him it was and he then said that he had read it all day and into the night and had finished it in just a few days. WHAT?! I was so amazed! Normally we have to pull their teeth to get them to read- remind them and remind them again but he read it all, AND he came to church all by himself. We didn't even have to invite him- he told us he was going. He is really golden and has been prepared to receive the gospel! He was a reference from some members in Nuñoa 1 (from this girl from Argentina who I went to the MTC here in Chile with, then she moved to Chile to live with her aunt who lives in Ñuñoa 1 - this same zone! Jorge is their massage therapist and they had invited him to go to the open house in the stake center in December. He didn't end up being able to go but she sent us his reference) Yay for members who share the gospel with everyone! I love when members understand that it's important to share the gospel with everyone- even with their massage therapist!

-with dear Ines and Felix from Las Condes. How I've come to love them!

- Hna Phillips- my aussie missionary friend who I've been in the same
zone with for half my mission (:

- me, Hna Phillips, Hna Ramirez (she goes home with me), Hna Gallion,
Hna Moreira (de Brasil) y Hna Vasquez (my second compy)

- sweet Hna Kelly. she's from the states but is half Chilean and also
like 6 ft tall...I'm still not sure how that worked out (:

Love you all! Thanks for all your support, love, and prayers. This
work is the truest work it is, and I feel so extremely blessed to be
able to see God moving it forward first hand.

abrazos! besitos!
hna briggs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 77 - 5 things I've learned from my mission

February 5, 2019 Hola!! Wow. What an adventure! I can't believe this is it! The mission has definitely been the best experience I h...