Monday, February 11, 2019

Week 70 - Music and Comfort

December 18, 2018

Friday we had consejo de lideres which I got a lot out of, and I also was informed that the husband of my conversa had passed away. That was a real shock. I felt really blessed to be able to go comfort Ines and be there for her and her family in their time of need. It meant a lot to them that Hermana Zararias and I were there and many of their non member family members asked about the church and made comments on how much peace and how much love they felt in the church and from the ward members. One asked if she could start going to church and happened to live in the elders area in Las Condes which corresponded to that ward. I was also asked to play my violin in the funeral on Saturday morning, which I was really honored to do. I played 'abide with me tis eventide' I love this family so much- they are the closest family I have gotten to on the mission and I know that I was an instrument in God's hands to help them come to know of the hope and love of the gospel especially for this moment.

the next part of the two days...
Later on Saturday we were back in Las Condes to play my violin in the combined stakes choir Christmas concert. It was AMAZING and was such a privilege to play with them! On Sunday I also played an arrangement with Hermana Ashton in sacrament meeting. And then in the afternoon I played with the same choir I had played with the night before, but in Ñuñoa. Yesterday we had consejo de distrito and visitas with grecia b2- Hermanas Ashton, Peery, and Anderson, who are a little stressed but doing well! We had a noche de hogar with a less active with a woman and her 8 year old daughter. They are in the process of re- activating and are really great. Then we finished dividing the ward list into sections with colors and numbers for the service activity we are doing in our ward for the stake of updating the ward list. 

Love, 
Hermana Briggs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 77 - 5 things I've learned from my mission

February 5, 2019 Hola!! Wow. What an adventure! I can't believe this is it! The mission has definitely been the best experience I h...