Friday, February 8, 2019

Week 57 - ¡¡Fiestas Patrias!! WAHOO!!

September 18, 2018

Today is Fiestas Patrias here in Chile! It's like the 4th of July, but here it's for 2 days instead of one! They go all out on these days, and it's super fun to get to know the culture a little more. In the pics below we are dressed in the traditional Chilean outfit-- the black one is called the 'salon' dress, and was originally used by those of the upper class. The one with flowers is the 'china' dress, because the lower class wanted to celebrate and the cheapest fabric was ones with flowers from China. They eat tons of meat, empanadas (filled with pino- which is ground beef, onion, a boiled egg, and olive), and mote con husillo and dance the cueca and sing and it's so festive! and also super yummy! 

Anyway, the work here is going well, and we've seen a lot of progress! I've also been learning a lot and strenghthening my testimony in the reality of my Savior. Thank you for your support and prayers, I feel every one of them. I know that this is the most important work any one of us could be doing, so I invite you to find a way to participate- as there are so SO many ways to do so! 

"Behold, O Lord, their souls are precious, and many of them are our brethren; therefore, give unto us, O Lord, power and wisdom that we may bring these, our brethren, again unto thee."  --Alma 31:35

If you ask, I know the Lord will give you the power and the wisdom necessary to know how YOU can make a contribution to this great work. 

Have a very festive week!! Viva Chile!!

Mucho amor,
Hermana Briggs




No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 77 - 5 things I've learned from my mission

February 5, 2019 Hola!! Wow. What an adventure! I can't believe this is it! The mission has definitely been the best experience I h...