Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Week 26 - Endureth to the End

February 13, 2018

Familia y amigos!
This week was super seco! Our investigators are progressing a lot. Yair had his entrivista yesterday and is ready to get baptized! I am really excited for him. He understands the commitment and covenants he is making to get baptized and he has the support of his older sister and brother which is so amazing to see them help support and grow his testimony by sharing theirs!

This week we were able to do service and help a member clean the back part behind her house. I am so grateful for service opportunities! Many times we can ask and they say 'no it's okay, don't worry about it,' and I've found that the only way to actually serve someone is to be proactive and just say that you'll be dropping by a certain day and hour to help. Or if someone needs help with something, whether it be preparing food, grocery bags, or doing dishes you just have to start doing it. And then come to find out after they really are grateful for the help and needed it. Real service is not passive. And if we aren't constantly looking for service opportunities we will rarely find them.

A really good lesson we had this week was with Paulina. It was about the Plan of Salvation, and really hit home for her. I love the plan of salvation, which is also called the Plan of Happiness, which name I like better. It gives so much perspective and purpose to our lives and when people really understand it, a light comes into their eyes and I love watching them realize the great plan that God has for them!

I am learning a lot, every week. But mostly to just enjoy everyday and to do my best, and then leave the rest up to the Lord and trust in Him. I have been reading the scriptures listed under Jesus Christ in the topical guide. There are a LOT! Learning about Him and feeling of his power when I read has strengthened my testimony in the purpose and life and reality of Christ. His life was of infinite worth and has the power to redeem me and you. I like what it says in 3 Nephi 15:9. It's really profound: 

'Behold, I am the law, and the light. Look unto me, and endure to the end, and ye shall live; for unto him that endureth to the end will I give eternal life.' 

He is the ONLY way back and the more we learn the more clear it comes. I am so grateful for his perfect life and perfect love for us, as imperfect as we are.

Hope you all have a wonderful week! Remember how much you are loved and keep smiling(:

Mucho amor,
Hermana Briggs


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 77 - 5 things I've learned from my mission

February 5, 2019 Hola!! Wow. What an adventure! I can't believe this is it! The mission has definitely been the best experience I h...