Thursday, March 22, 2018

Week 6 - I'm a Misionera Verdad! (Missionary for real!)

September 27, 2017

Familia y amigos,
Leaving a wonderful CCM President and family.

Wow, I don't even know what to write about, ha ha. So much has happened and changed!! I've been assigned to the Las Gardenias barrio (ward) and got here last night! My new compaƱera (companion) is Hermana S. and is superbueno! She has been in the mission for 8 months and is awesome. The last couple days have kinda just been a blur because there has been so much change and so much information, and now it's only in Spanish! So, sometimes it's kinda rough..but esta bien! Apparently it takes 6 weeks to get adjusted to a certain place, and as being in the ccm (missionary training center) for 6 weeks I was just adjusted to everything; the food, the schedule, teachers, people, culture. Then Tuesday I said goodbye to the wonderful CCM and set off for the real world. 
Santiago, Chile Temple


We first went to President Morgan's super pretty home in a nice part of Santiago, and WOW, Santiago is SO beautiful! Rolls of green hills and trees and flowers! If there wasn't so much smog and you could actually see the mountains across the valley it would be even more so! Hermana Morgan fed us a Cafe R
io type of a meal which was SO delicious and nice to have a home cooked meal! I had a little meeting with President where I shared my testimony of the Book of Mormon and while I did that he said that every time the missionary's trainer's picture comes into his mind and that's how he decides which trainer is for each missionary. Super cool. 

My AMAZING MTC (CCM) District.

We met our trainers and then left in a taxi to a place where a member picked us up to take us to our house. There's another companionship that lives in the house with us, and apparently they had a different house before but there were a lot of problems so they changed just yesterday. Genial. (Great). Let's see...All of this was really overwhelming. So much change in so little time and now I'm fully submersed in the Chilean culture, which is super cool, but kinda hard when you have no idea what anyone is saying and really just smile and look nice, ha ha. I know the language will come with time though.  Time and study and faith in God. 
All the sisters at the CCM.

This morning we traveled the 1.5 hours back to the mission office by metro!  Which is so super cool and there's so many people! Bus (or micro) and metro and taxi are the main ways of transportation. Our area is pretty small but there are a lot of people that are really open to listen, and I'm excited but really nervous to start teaching tonight. 
Adios to my two great companions

Last night we were contacting and I felt we should go right. We started knocking (okay not knocking, here in Chile there are gates in front of every house so when you want to knock you yell "alo!" like a doorbell sound..kinda different and it takes practice, ha ha). That side of the street didn't seem right so I said we should cross and we found a man who was super receptive and we have an appointment for Thursday! The spirit is so real. 


My new companion, Hermana S! It's kinda weird having a girl companion!
Sorry that was all so scattered! Hopefully it made sense. General Conference is this weekend, and please watch it everyone! I know that the words of God are coming from the mouths of the apostles and prophet and if we heed them we will find answers to our prayers. I love and think about you all all the time. Thank you for your prayers and support! I feel every one of them. Have a great week and do some good!


Much love,
Hermana Briggs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 77 - 5 things I've learned from my mission

February 5, 2019 Hola!! Wow. What an adventure! I can't believe this is it! The mission has definitely been the best experience I h...